The Executive Committee has been established to manage the Association on urgent matters between Council meetings. The purpose of the Executive Committee:
- Make periodic reviews and recommendations to Council on the organization and operation of the Association; oversee and advise the Executive Director on the management of the Association office; advise the Executive Director or any other officer or official of the Association on matters of policy.A
- Approve, modify, or update as necessary the staff, personnel and administrative office policies; ensure that an operational review process for staff is in place and functioning to achieve desired goals and set compensation guidelines.
- Responsible for development of policies and their implementation for all financial matters, such as: investments; budgets; capital requirements; expenditures; salaries; reserves and contingencies for current and future operations; ensuring necessary controls are in place; and such related financial matters as delegated by Council.
- Liaison with other professional, technical and academic groups with interests similar to the Association's, including provision of technical leadership and input on policy issues which may affect the affairs of the Association, obtaining input on the affairs of the Association which may affect these groups, and providing recommendations to Council based on this liaison activity, for:
- Association of Consulting Engineering Companies-Saskatchewan (ACEC-SK)
- Saskatchewan Association of Architects (SAA)
- Saskatchewan Land Surveyors Association (SLSA)
- Saskatchewan Applied Science Technologists and Technicians (SASTT)
- University of Regina
- University of Saskatchewan
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic
- Others as required
- Arrange for an annual business meeting to comply with the statutory requirement in the Act.
- Ensure there is a slate of officers and councillors in accordance with the election requirements in the Act and Bylaws.
- Perform a coordinating role respecting the activities of the four operating boards.
The Executive Committee is the President, President-Elect, Vice-President and Past President. The Executive Director shall attend the meetings and act as recording secretary, and shall have voice but no vote.
Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan
Achieving a Safe & Prosperous Future Through Engineering & Geoscience