International Mobility - Hong Kong
Corporate Member of Hong Kong Institute of Engineers (HKIE)
This application route applies only to an engineer who has been granted Corporate Membership by HKIE and has been admitted according to detailed assessments carried out by the HKIE, but does not include applicants granted Qualification/Licensure through a third party mutual recognition agreement or applicants who have been granted Corporate Membership by HKIE through the “Mature Route”.
The following documents are required for this process:
- Member-in-Training application form and fee ($210 including tax).
- Original or certified/notarized copies of all university transcripts and certificates/diplomas.
- Resume of engineering work experience since completing your bachelor degree.
- Proof of Corporate Membership in HKIE - direct from HKEI or original or notarized copy.
- Proof of identity (ID). Complete this Proof of ID form and mail it back to APEGS, along with a signed photo copy of your govenment issued photo ID. The guarantor may be either a Notary Public, a Canadian P.Eng. or P.Geo. or a Corporate Member of HKIE.
- Letter of good standing from HKIE (must be sent directly to APEGS from HKIE).
- A cover letter indicating that you are applying under the International Mobility Agreement.
Documents must be sent to APEGS by mail. Scanned or faxed copies are not acceptable.
Once your engineer-in-training application has been approved, you will be notified in writing. Then your file will be passed to the Director of Registration to grant the three years of international experience credit that you are entitled to, and you will be notified in writing when that has taken place.
Step 1: Submit Engineer-in-Training Application
Online application instructions for first time applicants who have never applied to APEGS in the past:
1) Create an account with APEGS* and follow the instructions on screen:
* If you have applied to APEGS in the past then you already have an account and you would not use this sign up page. You would go straight to APEGS Central (your online profile) by clicking “Login” on the top right corner of this page. If you don’t remember your former registration number/User ID with APEGS, please contact the APEGS office: 306-525-9547, toll free 1-800-500-9547, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Check your email for “APEGS sign up verification” from APEGS email@example.com. The link in this email will take you directly to start a new application.
3) Select “Apply Now”.
4) Follow the instructions on screen to choose the correct application type (Engineer-in-Training - International graduate).
You may apply using the printed application form only if a company is paying the application fee by cheque or the company who is paying the application fee does not pay GST (such as Government of Saskatchewan, Saskatchewan Watershed Authority). Do not submit the paper application form if you apply on-line.
Step 2: Submit required documents
The required documents are listed above in the Requirements section. Some of the documents you submit directly to the APEGS office by mail. Others you will have to arrange for them to be sent from the appropriate organziation as indicated.
Once you are approved as an engineer-in-training and have been granted three years of international experience credit toward professional registration, then you must submit one year of Canadian or equivalent-to-Canadian experience once you have obtained it. The Member-In-Training page explains the requirements a member-in-training must meet before he or she may apply as a professional member.
If during the registration process APEGS discovers that an applicant or member may not meet the Good Character Guideline then action will be taken.
If you have any questions concerning the application process for mutual recognition agreements, please contact the Academic Review Assistant by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan
Achieving a Safe & Prosperous Future Through Engineering & Geoscience