Due to COVID-19, the APEGS office is closed and staff is working remotely until further notice. Our response time may be longer than usual. We appreciate your patience, and we apologize for the inconvenience.
The Education Board has been established to promote and encourage science and mathematics education to students, teachers and administrators in the elementary and secondary school systems, and to the general public by:
- Encouraging and promoting member competence through professional development activities at the Annual Meeting, learned and technical societies, and other opportunities.
- Promoting the profession to engineering and geoscience students.
- Monitoring and reporting on the activities of members in the Continuing Professional Excellence program.
- Promoting post graduation follow-up.
- Policy development related to Board responsibilities.
The Education Board is the APEGS Vice-President; Councillors responsible for committee liaison; and Chairs of committees reporting to the Board.
The Education Board meets between Council meetings, normally five times per year. Additional meetings may be called as necessary to properly conduct Board business. A master meeting schedule is developed jointly by Council and the Boards following each annual general meeting.
Committees Reporting to the Education Board
The following committees report to the Image and Identity Board:
- Environment and Sustainability
- Kindergarten to Grade 12
- Professional Development
- Student Development
Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan
Regulating the professions. Protecting the public.