Due to COVID-19, the APEGS office is closed and staff is working remotely until further notice. Our response time may be longer than usual. We appreciate your patience, and we apologize for the inconvenience.
The Executive Committee has been established to manage the Association on urgent matters between Council meetings. The purpose of the Executive Committee:
- Make periodic reviews and recommendations to Council on the organization and operation of the Association; oversee and advise the Executive Director on the management of the Association office; advise the Executive Director or any other officer or official of the Association on matters of policy.
- Approve, modify, or update as necessary the staff, personnel and administrative office policies; ensure that an operational review process for staff is in place and functioning to achieve desired goals and set compensation guidelines.
- Develop policies and implement them for all financial matters, such as: investments; budgets; capital requirements; expenditures; salaries; reserves and contingencies for current and future operations; ensuring necessary controls are in place; and such related financial matters as delegated by Council.
- Liaise with other professional, technical and academic groups with interests similar to the Association's, including provision of technical leadership and input on policy issues which may affect the affairs of the Association, obtaining input on the affairs of the Association which may affect these groups, and providing recommendations to Council based on this liaison activity, for:
- Association of Consulting Engineering Companies-Saskatchewan (ACEC-SK)
- Saskatchewan Association of Architects (SAA)
- Saskatchewan Land Surveyors Association (SLSA)
- Technology Professionals Saskatchewan
- University of Regina
- University of Saskatchewan
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic
- Others as required
- Arrange for an annual business meeting to comply with the statutory requirement in the Act.
- Ensure there is a slate of officers and councillors in accordance with the election requirements in the Act and Bylaws.
- Perform a coordinating role respecting the activities of the three operating boards.
The Executive Committee consists of the President, President-Elect, Vice-President and Past President. The Executive Director shall attend the meetings and act as recording secretary and shall have voice but no vote.
Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan
Regulating the professions. Protecting the public.