The Governance Board has been established to make provision for and administer the regulation of the practice of engineering and geoscience on behalf of the people of Saskatchewan in accordance with The Engineering & Geoscience Professions Act by:
- Providing a definable and consistent means of identification and registration of practitioners.
- Developing a current description of professional practice and its scope.
- Promoting an understanding of professional practice among employers, government, and the public.
- Maintaining policies related to the orderly regulation of practice.
The Governance Board is the APEGS President; Chairs of committees reporting to the Board; liaison councillors from committees reporting to the Board; and the APEGS representative on the Saskatchewan Construction Panel.
The Governance Board meets between Council meetings, normally five times per year. Additional meetings may be called as necessary to properly conduct Board business. A master meeting schedule is developed jointly by Council and the Boards following each annual general meeting.
Committees Reporting to the Governance Board
The following committees report to the Governance Board:
- Academic Review
- CPD Compliance Committee
- Experience Review
- Licensee Admissions
- Professional Practice Exam
- Regiatrars Advisory
Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan
Achieving a Safe & Prosperous Future Through Engineering & Geoscience