Due to COVID-19, the APEGS office is closed and staff is working remotely until further notice. Our response time may be longer than usual. We appreciate your patience, and we apologize for the inconvenience.
Engineering and Geoscience Week 2019
For Engineering and Geoscience Week 2019, APEGS gave the movie Dream Big: Engineering Our World with an educator guide to every school in Saskatchewan.
Teachers can also access the movie and lesson plans at ROVER, the Ministry of Education's Recommended Online Video Educational Resources, by logging in here and see how it fits with the curriculum for each grade.
Attention Students and Members:
Engineering and Geoscience Scholarships Available
Eight academic scholarships recognize leadership and volunteerism among students currently enrolled in engineering or geoscience.
- Six scholarships of $1,875 (three for each university) for current students of any field of engineering.
- Two scholarships of $1,875 (one for each university) for current students of any field of geoscience.
- Two scholarships of $3,200 (one for each university) for women in engineering.
- Two scholarships of $3,200 (one for each university) for women in geoscience.
Entrance BursariesSix bursaries are aimed at encouraging and assisting high school graduates entering the study of engineering or geoscience.
- Two bursaries of $4,000 (one for each university) to be applied towards first-year tuition in any field of engineering for a self-identified indigenous student.
- Two bursaries of $3,000 (one for each university) to be applied towards first-year tuition in any field of geoscience for a self-identified indigenous student.
- Two bursaries of $4,000 (one for each university) to be applied towards first-year tuition in any field of engineering for a student of any background.
Cut off dates to apply vary by university, award type, and field. Refer to each university’s website below for more information and to apply.
Grants for APEGS Members
These merit-based grants encourage existing APEGS members to further their education.
Grants of $7,500 (available for each university) for current APEGS members returning for post-graduate studies in fields of engineering, geosciences or an MBA program.
Use the attached form to apply for a member grant
Doctoral Awards, Master's Awards, and Undergraduate Awards 14 monetary awards to women studying engineering in Canada
The Canadian Academy of Engineering (CAE) has partnered with the SAE Foundation Canada to offer an undergraduate scholarship in transportation and mobility engineering and an award for university students’ outstanding aerospace design. The CAE Bruce Aubin SAE Aerospace Design Award will be valued at $800, and the CAE William G. Belfry Memorial SAE Scholarships is $2000. The award and scholarship will be given annually to top engineering students from across Canada.
Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan
Regulating the professions. Protecting the public.