Due to COVID-19, the APEGS office is closed and staff is working remotely until further notice. Our response time may be longer than usual. We appreciate your patience, and we apologize for the inconvenience.
APEGS 90th Annual Meeting
Friday September 18, 2020
Registration is Closed
The APEGS Annual Meeting originally scheduled for April 30 – May 2, 2020 in Saskatoon and postponed because of the COVID-19 pandemic has been rescheduled for Friday, September 18, 2020 as a virtual meeting via Microsoft TEAMS.
The Engineering and Geoscience Professions Act and Bylaws require that the annual meeting of the Association be held in the first six months of the year at a place in Saskatchewan determined by Council. At its April 3, 2020 meeting, Council passed an Administrative bylaw to allow for the postponement of the meeting because of the COVID-19 pandemic. At its June 12, 2020 meeting, Council passed an Administrative bylaw to allow for the holding of the annual meeting virtually.
The 90th Annual Meeting of the Association will be called to order at 9:00 am Friday, September 18, 2020.
All members will be required to pre-register. Instructions to access the meeting and be able to vote will be provided after registration has closed. The deadline to register is 11:59 pm - Friday, September 4, 2020.
Please note that attendance is limited to members and those individuals invited by APEGS.
The agenda for the meeting includes:
• Minutes from the 2019 Annual Meeting
• business arising out of the minutes
• Reports from committees and boards
• Audited financial reports
• bylaw amendments
• New business
• Report of the scrutineers.
The following amendments to the Administrative and Regulatory bylaws have been approved by Council and are to be “confirmed, varied or revoked” by the membership in attendance. The details of the changes will be included in the official Notice of the Annual Meeting to be sent to all APEGS members as is required by The Engineering and Geoscience Professions Act.
• Updates to allow for the implementation of competency-based assessment for geoscientists in training.
• Allowing for the publication of an online member registry and the content of that registry.
• Provisions permitting the postponement of the 2020 annual meeting.
• Provisions for conducting the 2020 annual meeting virtually.
Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan
Regulating the professions. Protecting the public.