Due to COVID-19, the APEGS office is closed and staff is working remotely until further notice. Our response time may be longer than usual. We appreciate your patience, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Inter-Association Mobility - Engineering Licensee or Geoscience Licensee

If you are on this page then you are already licenced as an Engineering Licensee (or equivalent), Geoscience Licensee (or equivalent) somewhere else in Canada, or a P.Tech. registered with ASET. 

Note 1: If you are currently registered as a R.E.T. or a C.E.T. with ASET, this page does not apply to you. Please return to the the main Licensee page and complete the full application.
Note 2: If you are currently registered as a P.Eng. or P.Geo. elsewhere in Canada, this page does not apply to you. Go to the Inter-Association Mobility - Professional Member page.

Mobility for Licensees registered in Canada is not covered under the Agreement on Internal Trade, however APEGS Council has adopted the policy allowing for mobility of Engineering Licensees and Geoscience Licensees. If you are an Engineering Licensee or Geoscience Licensee in good standing with a Constituent Association/Ordre of Engineers Canada or Constituent Association/Ordre of Geoscientists Canada and you have met the academic and experience requirements for registration, then you may apply under inter-association mobility. 

APEGA and ASET have established a Joint Board of Examiners who approve scopes of practice for Alberta-based P.Tech. practioners.  P.Tech. applicants will use the inter-association mobility process to apply as a Licensee in Saskatchewan. Below in the Related Documents is a table explaining how applicants registered in Alberta are processed with APEGS.


Engineering Licensee / Geoscience Licensee - Inter-Association Mobility application and fee ($315 including GST).


Application Process

Step 1: Submit Application

Online application instructions for first time applicants who have never applied to APEGS in the past:

1)      Create an account with APEGS* and follow the instructions on screen: 


* If you have applied to APEGS in the past then you already have an account and you would not use this sign up page. You would go straight to APEGS Central (your online profile) by clicking “Login” on the top right corner of this page. If you don’t remember your former registration number/User ID with APEGS, please contact the APEGS office: 306-525-9547, toll free 1-800-500-9547, or apegs@apegs.ca.

2)      Check your email for “APEGS sign up verification” from APEGS apegs@apegs.caThe link in this email will take you to APEGS Central homepage and click on "Applications" tab which is on the left side of APEGS Central home page.

3)      Select “Apply Now”.

4)      Follow the instructions on screen to choose the correct application type (Eng/Geo Licensee - inter-Association mobility).


Engineering/Geoscience Licensee - Inter-Association Mobility Paper Application form 

You may apply using the paper application form only if a company is paying the application fee by cheque or the company who is paying the application fee does not pay GST (such as Government of Saskatchewan, Saskatchewan Watershed Authority). Do not submit the paper application form if you apply on-line.

Next Steps

Once APEGS has received your application we will contact the applicable Association(s) / Ordre(s) directly to confirm your registration. Lisensees and P.Tech.s registered in Alberta with ASET, will not be required to attend the Law and Ethics seminar or write the Professional Practice Exam.

After your application is approved by the Registrar you will be notified by automatic email on how to check your application status and pay annual fees. You have the privilege of using one of the protected titles "Engineering Licensee" or "Geoscience Licensee" as applicable only after you have been approved.

After you have paid annual fees, your stamp will be delivered which can take several months (longer if outside Canada). 

Your certificate will be delivered after it is signed which can take several months. You do not need your certificate in your possession in order to start using one of the protected titles.

Is anything else required?

You may submit the following applications at the same time as your licensee application, if they are required:

Permission to Consult

I am an appropriately licensed individual (or have applied) and need Permission to Consult.

Certificate of Authorization

I am applying on behalf of a company for a Certificate of Authorization.


If during the registration process APEGS discovers that an applicant or member may not meet the Good Character Guideline then action will be taken.


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on inter-Association mobility applications can be found here

For questions on engineering licensee or geoscience licensee inter-association mobility applications, contact Kate MacLachlan, Director of Registration at the APEGS office: Local Regina 525-9547, Toll free 1-800-500-9547 or email at katem@apegs.ca

Related Links

Online application - account sign up page 
(To access your account after you have signed up, click "Login" on the top right corner of the APEGS website)

Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan
Regulating the professions. Protecting the public.