Due to COVID-19, the APEGS office is closed and staff is working remotely until further notice. Our response time may be longer than usual. We appreciate your patience, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Inter-Association Mobility - Professional Member

If you are on this page then you are already licensed as a P.Eng. or P.Geo. somewhere else in Canada (or your registration has expired no more than three months ago).

Note that if you have a “non-practicing” status in the other Association/Ordre then you are not eligible for inter-Association mobility unless you go through whatever process is necessary to reinstate your licence to practice engineering or geoscience. However, if you went to non-practicing status 3 months ago or less, then you can apply under mobility (same treatment as former members of another Association).

The Agreement on Internal Trade provides full mobility for professional engineers. If you are a professional member in good standing with a Constituent Association of Engineers Canada then you qualify under this agreement. 


The following are required for this process:

  • Professional Member - Inter-Association Mobility application and fee ($315 including GST)

Application Process

Step 1: Submit Application

Online application instructions for first time applicants who have never applied to APEGS in the past:

1)      Create an account with APEGS* and follow the instructions on screen: 


* If you have applied to APEGS in the past then you already have an account and you would not use this sign up page. You would go straight to APEGS Central (your online profile) by clicking “Login” on the top right corner of this page. If you don’t remember your former registration number/User ID with APEGS, please contact the APEGS office: 306-525-9547, toll free 1-800-500-9547, or apegs@apegs.ca.

2)      Check your email for “APEGS sign up verification” from APEGS apegs@apegs.caThe link in this email will take you to APEGS Central homepage and click on "Applications" tab which is on the left side of APEGS Central home page.

3)      Select “Apply Now”.

4)      Follow the instructions on screen to choose the correct application type (Professional Member - Inter-Association Mobility).

Or - the alternative to the online application:

Professional Member Inter-Association Mobility Paper Application Form

You may apply using the paper application form only if a company is paying the application fee by cheque or the company who is paying the application fee does not pay GST (such as Government of Saskatchewan, Saskatchewan Watershed Authority). Do not submit the paper application form if you apply on-line. Once you have completed the form, scan and email to apegs@apegs.ca

Next Steps

Once APEGS has received your application, we will contact the applicable Association(s)/Ordre directly  to confirm your registration. Professional member, mobility applicants do not have to provide work experience or references. These applications could take up to six weeks to process.

If you are a former professional member registered anywhere in Canada and you wish to reinstate in Saskatchewan, you may not need to fill out an application. Go to the Reinstatement page for details.

If you are registered as a Temporary Licensee in another jurisdiction of Canada, then you cannot apply to APEGS under Inter-Association mobility. Temporary Licensee means different things in different jurisdictions. For more information on this application type, go to the Temporary Licensee page.

After your application is approved by the Registrar you will be notified by automatic email on how to check your application status and pay annual fees. You have the privilege of using one of the protected titles only after you have been approved.

After you have paid annual fees, your stamp will be delivered which can take several months (longer if outside Canada). 

Your certificate will be delivered after it is signed which can take several months. You do not need your certificate in your possession in order to start using one of the protected titles.


Is anything else required?

You may submit the following applications at the same time as your professional member application, if they are required:

Permission to Consult

I am an appropriately licensed individual (or have applied) and need Permission to Consult.

Certificate of Authorization

I am applying on behalf of a company for a Certificate of Authorization.


If during the registration process APEGS discovers that an applicant or member may not meet the Good Character Guideline then action will be taken.


Frequently Asked Questions on inter-Association mobility can be found here

For questions on professional mobility applications, contact Ria Chenier at the APEGS office: Local Regina 306-525-9547, Toll free 1-800-500-9547 or email at rchenier@apegs.ca

Related Documents

Good Character Guideline 

Related Links

Agreement on Internal Trade

Online application - account sign up page
(To access your account after you have signed up, click "Login" on the top right corner of the APEGS website)

Temporary Licensee

Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan
Regulating the professions. Protecting the public.

T 306-525-9547 F 306-525-0851 Toll Free 1-800-500-9547

APEGS acknowledges that it regulates the engineering and geoscience professions in the jurisdiction of Saskatchewan which is comprised of portions of lands from Treaties 2, 4, 5, 6, 8 and 10, the territories of the Nêhiyawak (Cree), Anihšināpēk (Salteaux), Dene, Dakota, Lakota and Nakoda nations, and the homeland of the Métis Nation.