International Mobility - Australia
This application route applies only to an engineer who has been granted the registration status of MIEAust NER or MIEAust CPEng NER by Engineers Australia. It does not include applicants granted registration through a third party mutual recognition agreement.
The following are required for this process:
- Engineer-in-Training – Intl grad application and fee ($210 including tax)
- Cover letter (may be in the form of an email sent to email@example.com) indicating that you are applying under the professional level Mutual Recognition Agreement with Engineers Australia. Please include your full name and membership number as they appear with Engineers Australia. APEGS will contact Engineers Australia directly to confirm that you are a member in good standing.
- Original or certified/notarized copies of all university transcripts and certificates/diplomas or WES ICAP document by document assessment
- Proof of identity, this must be sent by regular mail/post or courier. The guarantor can be a CPEng with Engineers Australia in addition to the other types listed in the form.
- Resume of engineering work experience since completing your bachelor degree in engineering. This can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic documents must be sent to APEGS by mail. Scanned or faxed copies are not acceptable.
Once your engineer-in-training application has been approved, you will be notified in writing. Then your file will be passed to the Director of Registration to grant the three years of international experience credit that you are entitled to, and you will be notified in writing when that has taken place.
Step 1: Submit Engineer-in-Training Application
Online application instructions for first time applicants who have never applied to APEGS in the past:
1) Create an account with APEGS* and follow the instructions on screen:
* If you have applied to APEGS in the past then you already have an account and you would not use this sign up page. You would go straight to APEGS Central (your online profile) by clicking “Login” on the top right corner of this page. If you don’t remember your former registration number/User ID with APEGS, please contact the APEGS office: 306-525-9547, toll free 1-800-500-9547, or email@example.com.
2) Check your email for “APEGS sign up verification” from APEGS firstname.lastname@example.org. The link in this email will take you to APEGS Central homepage and click on "Applications" tab which is on the left side of APEGS Central home page.
3) Select “Apply Now”.
4) Follow the instructions on screen to choose the correct application type (Engineer-in-Training - International grad).
You may apply using the printed application form only if a company is paying the application fee by cheque or the company who is paying the application fee does not pay GST (such as Government of Saskatchewan, Saskatchewan Watershed Authority). Do not submit the paper application form if you apply on-line.
Step 2: Submit required documents
After you have applied on-line, submit the required documents. Some of the documents you mail directly to the APEGS office by mail. Others you will have to arrange for them to be sent directly from Engineers Australia as follows:
Original or certified/notarized copies of all university transcripts and certificates/diplomas - this must be sent by regular mail.
- Cover letter indicating that you are applying under the professional level Mutual Recognition Agreement with Engineers Australia - this can be sent by regular mail or by email to email@example.com. APEGS will contact Engineers Australia directly to confirm that you are a member in good standing.
- Proof of identity (ID). Complete the Proof of Identification Form_with example.pdf and send it, and a copy of your government issued photo ID to APEGS by mail. The guarantor may be either a Notary Public, an Canadian P.Eng. or P.Geo or an Australian Chartered Engineer.
- Resume of engineering work experience since completing your bachelor degree in engineering - this can be sent by regular mail or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (along with your cover letter).
Once you are approved as an engineer-in-training and have been granted three years of international experience credit toward professional registration, then you must submit one year of Canadian or equivalent-to-Canadian experience once you have obtained it. The Member-In-Training page explains the requirements a member-in-training must meet before he or she may apply as a professional member.
If during the registration process APEGS discovers that an applicant or member may not meet the Good Character Guideline then action will be taken.
If you have any questions concerning the application process for mutual recognition agreements, please contact the Academic Review Assistant by email at email@example.com.
Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan
Achieving a Safe & Prosperous Future Through Engineering & Geoscience