Due to COVID-19, the APEGS office is closed and staff is working remotely until further notice. Our response time may be longer than usual. We appreciate your patience, and we apologize for the inconvenience.
Prairie Lithium is seeking a Facility Engineer in Regina, Saskatchewan.
To view the original job posting please see PRAIRIE LITHIUM - Facility Engineer.pdf
Prairie Lithium is leading the way to unlocking the future of lithium. We have developed a world class rapid lithium extraction technology that allows us to get lithium to markets quickly with a reduced environmental impact. We are leaders in lithium hydrochemistry and lithium extraction technology research in Canada. We are looking for passionate leaders in this field to be part of this exciting movement.
Prairie Lithium is looking for a full-time, permanent Facility Engineer to join our team in Regina, SK. Working closely with the Chief Operating Officer, this individual will be responsible for designing and planning the execution, implementation, and maintenance of the Company’s lithium extraction infrastructure and equipment. They will assess the facility’s resource requirements and optimize the layout and critical operational systems within. The FE will perform analysis of operational processes, resource allocation, energy usage, safe work processes, and recommend and implement any improvements.
The Facility Engineer plays a key role in continuing our growth as an organization and leadership in lithium development.
The Facility Engineer’s primary responsibility is to manage the design, build, and system operations of our first Direct Lithium Extraction (DLE) facility.
The Facility Engineer’s key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Gather and analyze data, blueprints, and reports.
- Determine facility and equipment specifications. • Analyze project costs and prepare applicable budgets.
- Design and oversee the implementation of facility build, expansion, layout, systems, and quality controls.
- Evaluate operational systems and facility infrastructure to improve operational efficiencies as needed.
- Develop processing plans and optimize resource allocations.
- Plan and coordinate infrastructure and equipment maintenance schedules and activities.
- Coordinate and oversee contractors performing maintenance activities.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations, building codes, and health and safety standards.
- Prepare reports and compliance documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial engineering.
- 5-10 years of experience as a facilities engineer or similar role.
- Experience with ACAD, Visio, and proficiency with MS Office.
- Knowledge of architectural design, building process, and construction principles.
- Excellent project management skills with strong knowledge of structural code requirements.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and building codes.
- Writing and implementing internal SOPs for relevant areas
- Critical thinking, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership, people management, and coaching skills
- Strong analytical skills and proven organizational ability with attention to detail
- Work in collaboration with multiple teams to accomplish results
- Experience developing, planning, and implementing successful strategies
- Professional designation, or ability to apply for professional designation with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientist of Saskatchewan (APEGS)
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Is a confident and decisive decision-maker
- Is self-directed who enjoys taking initiative
- Has a high level of personal integrity
- Has the ability to handle high-pressure situations in a professional and mature way
- Brings a strong work ethic with the ability to create and execute projects from start to finish
At Prairie Lithium, we are a tight-knit team of industry experts. We are passionate about changing the future of lithium extraction and want to break the mold of our industry. We are a team of high performers who look to drive the mission and vision forward in everything that we do.
Relocation to Regina, SK within 6 months of starting the position would be required.
Please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
Prairie Lithium is an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate your interest in applying to our company, however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Successful candidates for this position will be required to provide acceptable results to a Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment, and for any site safety testing requirements, including drug and alcohol testing, in the future.
Active from 8/24/2021 to 9/23/2021
Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan
Regulating the professions. Protecting the public.
T 306-525-9547 F 306-525-0851 Toll Free 1-800-500-9547
APEGS acknowledges that it regulates the engineering and geoscience professions in the jurisdiction of Saskatchewan which is comprised of portions of lands from Treaties 2, 4, 5, 6, 8 and 10, the territories of the Nêhiyawak (Cree), Anihšināpēk (Salteaux), Dene, Dakota, Lakota and Nakoda nations, and the homeland of the Métis Nation.