Due to COVID-19, the APEGS office is closed and staff is working remotely until further notice. Our response time may be longer than usual. We appreciate your patience, and we apologize for the inconvenience.
How do I change my name on record with APEGS? (members and applicants)
Mail a memo to APEGS asking for a change of name along with the official document showing your former name and new name.
- Note that picture ID is not the proper documentation. We need the actual document that shows your former name and your new name (marriage certificate will suffice if you have not done a legal name change).
- Note that this must be sent by regular mail. A scanned copy emailed does not suffice.
You have three choices for submitting official documentation as follows:
1) Bring the original to the APEGS office for us to view it and take a copy for your file. (APEGS staff stamps the copy with the "Original seen by me" stamp and applies a signature).
2) Bring in or mail the notarized or certified copies of the documents.
Notarizing documents: have a copy of original documents notarized as being a true copy of the original by a Notary Public. The Notary Public must do the following: apply his/her seal, sign, date, and include the text "Certified true copy of the original document" on EACH page of the documents.
Certifying documents: have a copy of original documents verified as being a true copy of the original by a professional engineer or professional geoscientist registered in Canada. The engineer or geoscientist must do the following: apply his/her professional seal, sign, date, and include the text "Certified true copy of the original document" on EACH page of the documents.
3) This third option is not preferred: Mail the original via a secure mailing or courier method and we will take a copy for your file and return it by registered mail. (APEGS staff stamps the copy with the "Original seen by me" stamp and applies a signature).
If you wish to have a new stamp with your new name, you can make the request at any time by phone or email. There is a fee of $30 (GST included). The stamp will be ordered after the fee is paid. Credit card payment by phone is acceptable.
There is no charge for a new certificate and this will be produced automatically at the time you change your name.
Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan
Regulating the professions. Protecting the public.