Due to COVID-19, the APEGS office is closed and staff is working remotely until further notice. Our response time may be longer than usual. We appreciate your patience, and we apologize for the inconvenience.
Results of the 2020 Council Election
Each year, APEGS engages an independent third-party research firm to conduct council elections on the twentieth day before the date fixed by the Council as polling day.
APEGS engaged Insightrix Research Inc. to conduct the 2020 council elections. Insightrix issued ballots on March 30, 2020, and polling day was on April 20, 2020.
The total number of votes cast was 1,875 (1,859 electronic, 16 mail) being 14.8 per cent of the 12,669 total ballots sent out. There was one spoiled ballot. The results of the vote were:
Officers of Council — One-year term
- President – Andrew R. Lockwood, P.Eng., FEC
- President-Elect – Kristen Darr, P.Geo.
- Vice-President – John Desjarlais, P.Eng.
Councillors — Three-year term
- Group VI (Chemical, Metallurgical and Ceramic) – Patricia Lung, P.Eng.
- North District – Ian Farthing, P.Eng.
- Southwest District – Aaron Phoenix, Ph.D., P.Eng., FEC
- Geoscience North District – Alix Cruickshank, P.Geo.
Returning Members of Council
- Terry Fonstad, P.Eng., FEC – Past President
- Nicholas Kaminski, P.Eng. – Group I (Civil)
- Lesley McGilp, P.Eng. – Group II (Mechanical and Industrial)
- Kaylee Tumack, P.Eng. – Group III (Electrical and Engineering Physics)
- Erin Moss-Tressel, P.Eng., P.Geo. – Group IV (Geological, Mining, Petroleum, Geophysics and Geoscientists)
- Kurtis Doney, P.Eng. – Group V (Agriculture and Forestry)
- Danae Lemieux, P.Eng. – Group VII (Environmental)
- Nicole Barber, Engineer-in-Training – Members-in-Training
- Jessica Theriault, P.Eng. – South East District
- Gavin Jensen, P.Geo. – Geoscience South District
- Dwaine Entner – Public Appointee
- Wendell Patzer – Public Appointee
Council turnover takes place at the APEGS annual meeting, which had been scheduled for Saturday, May 2, 2020. Since the annual meeting was postponed because of the COVID-19 pandemic, Council turnover occurred on Monday, May 4, 2020.
Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan
Regulating the professions. Protecting the public.