Work Experience Reporting - Engineering
Ensure that you have read thoroughly and understand all experience reporting guidelines and the experience reporting form before attempting to write experience reports. This will greatly increase the chance of success and reduce the risk of being required to re-submit.
This page contains:
- Work Experience Reporting Orientation presentation
- Experience reporting form - Engineering
- Experience Guideline 1 - *UPDATE posted below August 16, 2017
- Experience Guideline 1, Appendix 1 - Engineering Experience Examples
- Experience Guideline 2
- Software Engineering Experience Review Guideline
- Mentor Approval form
- Mentor Request form
- Self check list - Engineering
NEW - YouTube videos of the Work Experience Reporting Orientation posted at the bottom of the Work Experience Reporting web page.
APEGS only requires a mentor form if your supervisor is not a P.Eng or would not be considered a professional engineer in the country where you obtained your experience.
When Filling out Experience Reporting Forms:
- Make sure you always use the most recent version of the reporting form (download date is located below each attachment).
- Use the "Self-Check List" and the "Work Experience Reporting Orientation presentation" posted below to ensure that your report is completed properly.
The experience reporting form was created in MicroSoft Word 2003. To use the form: open it; save it to your computer; close it; and re-open it. It should open in Microsoft Word. The hyperlinks and other features in the forms should then be functional.
Once your Report(s) has been submitted:
- APEGS requires one to three months from the time forms are received and completed in full to complete the review.
- If there are problems with your report(s), we will contact you
We send experience results in a letter sent by regular mail, they will not be provided over the phone or by e-mail. Please do not contact the APEGS office for experience results. They are sent by mail only. You can also check experience report and application status in your On-Line Profile under My Applications by clicking "Login" in the top right corner.
Experience Reporting Orientation Presentation
For the Experience Reporting Orientation presentation and YouTube video, go to the bottom of the Work Experience Reporting web page. This presentation is given live twice per year in Regina and Saskatoon. See the APEGS Events calendar for the next presentation date. If there are none shown there, then the next one has not been booked.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on experience reporting can be found here.
If you have questions about experience reporting contact Alex Chabun, Registration Assistant at 525-9547 or 1-800-500-9547 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Because of the high volume of inquiries to the APEGS office, please allow a couple of weeks for a response.
Experience Guideline 1 - Aug2017 update
Experience Guideline 1_Appendix 1 - Engineering examples - UPDATED April 17, 2015
Software Engineering Experience Review Guideline
Mentor Approval Form - Jan2013 version (with updated APEGS address)
Mentor Request Form - Jan2013 version (with updated APEGS address)
Self-Check List_- Nov2011 version
Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan
Achieving a Safe & Prosperous Future Through Engineering & Geoscience