88th Annual Meeting of APEGS
The 88th Annual Meeting of the Association was called to order in The Battleford Room, Delta Bessborough Hotel, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan at 9:00 am Saturday May 5, 2018.
The business of the meeting included:
• Minutes from the 2017 Annual Meeting
• Business arising out of the minutes
• Reports from committees
• Audited financial reports
• New business
• Bylaw amendments
• Report of the scrutineers
The membership in attendance confirmed the amendment to Appendix 3 of The Engineering and Geoscience Professions Regulatory Bylaws, passed by Council on February 2, 2018 adopting the Competency-Based Assessment process for experience reporting for Engineers-in-Training. The motion passed 187 in favour and zero opposed. These changes will come into effect January 1, 2019.
The membership in attendance also confirmed the additions of section 23.2 and Appendix 5 of The Engineering and Geoscience Professions Regulatory Bylaws, passed by Council on February 2, 2018 adopting the Continuing Professional Development Program. The motion passed 192 in favour and zero opposed. The program will come into effect January 1, 2019.
The Executive Director and Registrar reported on the results of the Council elections. The total number of votes cast was 2,157, being 16.40 percent of the 13,151 total eligible voters. There were 2,157 electronic ballots and 46 paper ballots, and no spoiled ballots.
The results of the vote were:
Officers of Council — 1 year term
• President – Stormy Holmes, P.Eng., FEC
• President-Elect – Terry Fonstad, P.Eng., FEC
• Vice-President – Andrew Lockwood, P.Eng., FE
Councillors — 3 year term
• Group II (Mechanical & Industrial) – Lesley McGilp, P.Eng.
• Group V (Agricultural and Forestry) – Kurtis Doney, P.Eng.
• Member-In-Training – Nicole Barber, Engineer-in-Training
• South-East District – Jessica Theriault, P.Eng.
• Geoscience South – Gavin Jensen, P.Geo.
Returning Members of Council
• Terry Fonstad, P.Eng., FEC – President-Elect
• Dave Kent, P.Eng., FEC – Group I (Civil)
• Leo Niekamp, P.Eng. – Group III (Electrical & Engineering Physics)
• John Unrau, P.Geo., FGC – Group IV (Geology, Mining, Petroleum, Geophysics, and Geoscientists)
• Jeanette Gelleta, P.Eng. – Group VI (Chemical, Ceramic and Metallurgical)
• Anastassia Manuilova, P.Eng. – Group VII (Environmental)
• Tami Wall, P.Eng. – South-West District
• John Desjarlais, P.Eng. – North District
• Cory Belyk, P.Geo. – Geoscience North District
• Dwaine Entner – Public Appointee
• Wendell Patzer – Public Appointee