Report on the 89th Annual Meeting of the Association
he 89th Annual Meeting of the Association was called to order in The Canadian Room, Ramada Plaza by Wyndham, 1818 Victoria Ave, Regina, Saskatchewan at 9:00 am Saturday May 4, 2019 with 164 voting members in attendance.
The business of the meeting included:
• Minutes from the 2018 Annual Meeting
• Business arising out of the minutes
• Reports from committees
• Audited financial reports
• New business
• Report of the scrutineers
The Executive Director and Registrar reported on the results of the 2019 council elections. The total number of votes cast was 2,235 (2,189 electronic, 46 mail) being 16.51 per cent of the 13,534 total ballots sent out. There were three spoiled ballots.
The results of the vote were:
Officers of Council — One-year term
• President – Terry Fonstad, P.Eng., FEC
• President-Elect – Andrew Lockwood, P.Eng., FEC
• Vice-President – Kristen Darr, P.Geo.
Councillors — Three-year term
• Group I (Civil) – Nicholas Kaminski, P.Geo.
• Group III (Electrical and Engineering Physics) – Kaylee Puchala, P.Eng.
• Group IV (Geological, Mining, Petroleum, Geophysics and Geoscientists) – Erin Moss-Tressel, P.Eng., P.Geo.
• Group VII (Environmental) – Danae Lemieux, P.Eng.
Returning Members of Council
• Stormy Holmes, P.Eng., FEC – Past President
• Lesley McGilp, P.Eng. – Group II (Mechanical and Industrial)
• Kurtis Doney, P.Eng. – Group V (Agriculture and Forestry)
• Jeanette Gelleta, P.Eng. – Group VI (Chemical, Ceramic & Metallurgical)
• Nicole Barber, Engineer-in-Training – Members-in-Training
• John Desjarlais, P.Eng. – North District
• Jessica Theriault, P.Eng. – South East District
• Tami Wall, P.Eng. – South West District
• Cory Belyk, P.Geo. – Geoscience North District
• Gavin Jensen, P.Geo. – Geoscience South District
• Dwaine Entner – Public Appointee
• Wendell Patzer – Public Appointe