About Registration for Businesses

Any partnership, association of persons (AOP), or corporation that engages in the practice of professional engineering and/or geoscience as its principal or customary function is required to have a certificate of authorization (CofA) with APEGS.

The requirement for a CofA applies equally to a large, publicly-traded corporation and to a corporation in which one member is the sole shareholder, director, officer and employee. This requirement also applies equally to the traditional engineering or geoscience consulting firm (principal function) and to those firms that are not thought of as ‘engineering or geoscience’ firms, but customarily engage in the practice of professional engineering or professional geoscience.

Click here to apply.