The following section lists a variety of different fees that may be payable to APEGS on a one-time or annual basis. Please note that ALL prices are listed in Canadian dollars. All fees are non-refundable unless otherwise noted.
APEGS accepts the following payment options:
- Online by credit card is available 24 hours a day. To pay online, click Login to sign into your online profile.
- From any page on the APEGS website select “Login” in the top right corner. Your User ID is your 5-digit registration/application number. If you have never retrieved your password before, click on “Forgot Password”. Enter the information requested and an email containing your password will be sent to the e-mail address on record with APEGS. If you do not have a valid email address on record with us, please Contact Us.
- By cheque payable to “APEGS” and mailed to the APEGS office.
- By calling the APEGS office with your credit card number.
- In person at the APEGS office by credit card, debit, cheque, cash, or Money Order.
- Money Order mailed to the APEGS office.
To view our most up-to-date contact information, please visit our Contact Us page.
Please Note: You can not pay online in the following circumstances:
- Licence waivers,
- If your employer does not pay GST and they are paying your fees,
- You have a credit on your account,
- Partial payments. Only payment of the full amount owing can be paid online.
- Issues on your record: There may be other issues on your record that will prevent you from paying online. If so, a notice will pop up for you to contact the APEGS office.
- Application fees must be paid online with a credit card when you submit your application online.
- If you are not able to pay online with a credit card (Visa, Mastercard, AmEx etc.), then you must download and print the appropriate paper application, then scan and email it to APEGS through our Contact Us page and pay by one of the options outlined above.
- GST will be added to all application fees.
|Application Type 1||Fee||Estimated Processing Time|
|Academic Assessment||$200||2 to 4 months|
|Certificate of Authorization||$325||2 to 3 weeks|
|Engineering/Geoscience Licensee||$300||1 year|
|Engineering/Geoscience Licensee – Inter-Association Mobility||$300||4 to 6 months|
|Engineer-in-Training – Canadian Graduate||$200||1 month|
|Engineer-in-Training – International Graduate||$200||2 to 4 months|
|Geoscientist-in-Training – Canadian Graduate||$200||1 month|
|Geoscientist-in-Training – International Graduate||$200||2 to 4 months|
|Permission to Consult||No fee||2 to 3 weeks|
|Professional Engineer/Geoscientist (from Member-in-Training)||$100||1 month|
|Professional Engineer/Geoscientist – Inter-Association Mobility||$300||4 to 6 weeks|
|Temporary Licensee||$300||1 month|
|Professional Engineer (from Temporary Licensee)||No fee||2 weeks|
Annual Registration Fees
These fees must be paid annually to maintain your registration with APEGS. When you initially get approved you will receive an invoice for annual registration fees, pro-rated for the remainder of the year. Do not pay until you have received the invoice with the correct amount owing.
|Permission to Consult||No Fee||No Fee||No Fee|
|Certificate of Authorization (1-5 member employees)||NA||$400||$400|
|Certificate of Authorization (6 or more member employees)||NA||$800||$800|
* Please Note: 5% GST will be added
|Membership Type||Amount*||Estimated Processing Time|
|Member-in-Training (in same calendar year as membership ended)||No fee||2 to 3 weeks|
|Professional Member (in same calendar year as membership ended)||No fee||2 to 3 weeks|
|Member-in-Training (membership ended in a previous year)||$200||2 weeks to 6 months|
|Professional Member (membership ended in a previous year)||$300||2 weeks to 6 months|
|Eng./Geo. Licensee (in same calendar year as membership ended)||No fee||1 to 2 weeks|
|Eng / Geo Licensee (membership ended in a previous year)||$300||2 weeks to 6 months|
*Please Note: If your membership ended because you did not pay your fees before the deadline, a 15% surcharge will be added.
Technical Exam Fees
|Cost per exam||$460 1,2|