Keep your contact information up to date.
If a member (or applicant) changes their name, address, or any other contact details, they must update their information with APEGS as soon as possible by logging into APEGS Central.
Renewal notices and other important communications are sent via mail. See the Annual Renewal page for important information on your responsibility to maintain your membership regardless of the renewal notice reaching you in the mail.
What are the consequences of practicing without a licence?
Any members or applicants who are found to have been practicing engineering or geoscience on projects or properties located in Saskatchewan without a valid licence are subject to an enforcement investigation and a good character review.
Sections 4 to 6 of the Regulatory Bylaws provide that registration with APEGS is “available to a person of good character”. The definition of “Good Character” is outlined in the APEGS Good Character Guideline found here.
How do I make a name change with APEGS?
APEGS members and applicants can mail a name change request to APEGS along with official documentation of the name change. Documentation must be sent by mail, scanned copies sent by email will not be accepted.
Please note: Photo ID will not be accepted as official name change documentation. To process a name change, APEGS requires documentation that shows the member’s former and new name (marriage certificates are acceptable if a legal name change was not completed).
Members have three choices for submitting official documentation, including:
- Bring the original name change documents to the APEGS office during regular office hours. The original will be copied, stamped, signed and included in the member’s files.
- Bring in or mail the notarized or certified copies of the documents.
- Notarizing documents: have a copy of original documents notarized as being a true copy of the original by a Notary Public. The Notary Public must do the following: apply his/her seal, sign, date, and include the text “Certified true copy of the original document” on EACH page of the documents.
- Certifying documents: have a copy of original documents verified as being a true copy of the original by a professional engineer or professional geoscientist registered in Canada. The engineer or geoscientist must do the following: apply his/her professional seal, sign, date, and include the text “Certified true copy of the original document” on EACH page of the documents.
- The third option is not preferred and would be the last option members should consider. This includes mailing the original documents to APEGS via a secure mailing or courier method. APEGS staff will take a copy for the member’s file and return it by registered mail. (APEGS staff stamp the copy with the “Original seen by me” stamp and apply a signature).
Members wishing to request a stamp featuring their new name can do so on the Digital Signatures and Seals page.
New certificates are automatically issued when members change their name. There is no charge for new certificates in this scenario.
If you have any questions about change of name, please reach out through our Contact Us page.