Call for 2024-2025 Council Applications
APEGS is seeking applications from members to be considered for election to council for 2024-2025. Members can submit an application to APEGS until December 1, 2023 at 5:00 pm (CST). This year, APEGS is seeking applications for the following council positions:
- President-Elect (one-year term)*
- Vice-President (one-year term)
- Three members-at-large (three-year term)
*Note: Those wishing to let their name stand for president-elect must have served for at least one full year as a councillor, from the close of business at one annual meeting to the close of business at the next annual meeting.
This year APEGS is seeking interest from members with accounting/financial experience and risk management experience. In addition to these competencies, APEGS is also seeking interest from members who bring any or all of the following:
- gender diversity
- ethnic diversity
- practice professional geoscience
- reside in rural Saskatchewan (defined as outside of Regina or Saskatoon)
- individuals who are APEGS members-in-training
The Nominating Committee confirms nominees by January 19, 2024 and the nominees are announced on February 20, 2024. Voting for the election opens March 11, 2024 and closes on polling day, April 8, 2024. The new council will be inducted at the annual meeting on May 4, 2024.
To qualify as a potential nominee, applicants must be APEGS members in good standing, reside in Saskatchewan, and be Continuing Professional Development (CPD) compliant as described in The Engineering and Geoscience Professions Act (Section 9) and The Engineering and Geoscience Professions Administrative Bylaws (Section 12).
APEGS assesses nominees using the following process:
- a gap analysis of continuing council members
- prioritization of desired skills to add to council
- solicitation for and recruitment of applicants
- review of applicants’ experience and skills
- interviews of applicants
- consideration of the council composition of attributes and competencies tempered by the concepts of inclusivity and representation
- nomination of successful applicants
How to Apply
Members wishing to apply are asked to complete the application and self-assessment form. You are also required to include your curriculum vitae (CV). Submit your documents to Gina McGinn via email email@example.com (on behalf of the Nominating Committee). Late applications will not be accepted.
The self-evaluation form includes a statement of why you are interested in serving on council and your review of how you meet the included skills and competencies.
For more information, refer to the Role and Responsibilities of an APEGS Councillor, which includes the time commitment required, visit the Frequently Asked Questions section, or contact Gina McGinn, MA, ICD.D firstname.lastname@example.org.