Reinstatement is only applicable if you were previously registered with APEGS. If you are currently registered elsewhere in Canada, or your membership ended less than three months ago, you should apply through Inter-Association Mobility. If you are not registered elsewhere in Canada, then you must complete a reinstatement application to become a registered member again.
Please Note: If you resigned your membership before it expired, you do not have to pay a reinstatement fee. If your membership ended because you did not pay your annual registration fees by the due date (January 31st of the year which they are for), then you must pay a reinstatement fee as well as the full annual registration fees to reinstate your membership.
For details on the reinstatement process for engineers-in-training or geoscientists-in-training click here.
For details on the reinstatement process for Professional Engineers, Professional Geoscientists, Engineering Licensees or Geoscience Licensees, click here.
Reactivate Licence (waiver holders)
If you have a licence waiver you do not need to reinstate. You must send an email through our Contact Us page to tell us that you want to start working again. A prorated fee for the remainder of the year will be posted to your online profile. Once you have paid the fee your licence will be reactivated.
Activate Previously Approved Registration
If your application was approved less than two years ago and you did not activate it by paying the annual registration fees, you can activate it by paying pro-rated annual registration fees for the remainder of the current year. You do not need to submit a new application.
- Send an email through our Contact Us page indicating that you want to activate your registration. Make sure you include your APEGS file number in the email.
- An invoice for the annual registration fees will be posted to your online profile.
- After you have paid the annual fees, you will receive a certificate in the mail and an electronic image of your seal by email. If you ordered a physical stamp, it will be delivered within a few months (this may take slightly longer if you are located outside of Canada).
- Once you have paid your annual fees you are permitted to use the appropriate title.
- Your certificate may take several months to arrive. You do not need your certificate in your possession to start using one of the protected titles.
- Make sure you keep your APEGS profile information up to date because APEGS will need to contact you both by email and by regular mail.
If your application was approved more than two years ago and you did not activate it by paying the annual registration fees, you must submit a new application including applicable application fees. You will be required to follow the current registration process and meet the current requirements. This may include having some requirements reassessed. See How to Apply for more information.