To assist members with meeting their verifiable credits for the revised Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Program, APEGS is expanding the number of professional development opportunities it offers. Some of the options being offered are:
- Member-Led Technical Webinars – These monthly webinars are offered free of charge and are presented by fellow APEGS members who have volunteered to share their valuable engineering and geoscience knowledge. Attendance at the webinars are eligible for Formal Activity CPD credit. Those who volunteer to present will earn Presentation CPD credit.
- In-person Workshops – Small-group workshops will be offered a few times each year. These workshops are priced at a cost-recovery basis or slightly below cost and attendance is eligible for Formal Activity CPD credit.
- Professional Development Conference at the Annual Meeting – Join APEGS in Saskatoon, SK on May 3, 2024 for a full-day of professional development. Each session will be eligible for Formal Activity CPD credit.
- People-Skills Webinars – Webinars dedicated to improving the soft-skills of APEGS members will be offered throughout 2024. These webinars are offered for a fee and will be offered by soft-skill industry experts.
- Professional Development (PD) Days – These full-day, in-person events are offered up to twice a year. Attendees can benefit from the expertise of engineering, geoscience, and other business professionals. The events are available for a flat fee.
Also, refer to the Events calendar for specific PD opportunities.