July 18th, 2022
Boortmalt is seeking a Project Manager located in Biggar, Saskatchewan.
Full job posting: Boortmalt – Project Manager
Responsible for overall managing engineering and technical projects for North America. Focus is on synergies and in time the reduction of our carbon footprint.
Schedules and oversees the development and completion of projects.
The Project Manager ensures adherence to contract specifications and established policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Science degree in engineering, electro-mechanical or equivalent formation.
- Project Management training
- Negotiation capabilities both with internal teams and external suppliers.
- Interpersonal skills: team player, respectful, asks questions, teaching and mentoring
- Ability to pass our food safety training
- Ability to travel to the USA
- Experience in managing projects.
- Fluent in written and speaking English is required.
- Good communicational skills
- Office Package, MS Project and AutoCAD,
- 3D design software is a plus
Job Specification (main tasks)*
- Main responsibility is to help develop value creating projects and working with the local and regional management team to plan and execute on projects based on priority and funds available.
- Provide general management of contractors/suppliers/consultants.
- Monitor actual performance and bring resolutions to problems & identify areas for improvement.
- Provide everyday leadership to full team involved in the projects.
- Comply with management communications and reporting as requested.
- Act like an owner and take responsibility for complying with organization’s policy.
- Ensure to select qualified and competent vendors.
- Ensure ongoing compliance to legal/regulatory/company requirements.
- Ensure understanding and compliance with all current legal & statutory obligations including, but not limited to, SHE, HACCP, Environmental, Food Safety and employment legislation for all internal employees, external contractors etc.
- Ensure references of all suppliers/contractors have been validated.
- Contribute to enhance the project management system, improving the process form initial ideation up to final start up and project closing, to have projects deployed on time in full specs.
- Validate the value creation post completion of the project.
- Drive projects from Total Cost of Ownership point of view, working from the project preparation to final operational standard operating procedures hand out, considering the maintenance and reliability as part of this process.
- Inspire, lead, motivate, direct and develop site teams through a recognized /structured Project Management & asset care approach so that they deliver the highest possible level of personal and collective contribution to the Business Goal.
- Create and maintain a positive and results orientated environment where mutual trust, confidence and respect for Boortmalt culture and values prevails
- Develop, seek support & agreement from Group functions, implement and maintain appropriate structures and manning levels in line with business needs
- Ensure mutual understanding of individual roles and responsibilities for project management team & asset care team(s).
- Follow up the project cost and adherence to the budget.
- Prepare & Share Bi-Weekly Project Status report, consolidating all the information related about the project.
*Note: This description is subject to alterations according to the evolution of the function in the group.
Click here to apply.