APEGS is governed by a council of elected members and public appointees. Individuals wishing to be nominated for election to council must apply by December 1. Elections take place annually in April with the new council sworn in at the annual meeting on the first Saturday in May.
Application to be Nominated for Council 2022-2023
APEGS is looking for qualified members to apply to be nominated for election for the following 2022-2023 council positions:
- President (one-year term) – nominee must be the current President-Elect;
- President-Elect (one-year term) – nominee is typically the current Vice-President, and may be any member who has completed at least one full year on council;
- Vice-President (one-year term) – two nominees required; and
- Two Members-at-Large (three-year term, eligible for a second three-year term) – at least two nominees required for each position.
As a result of the gap analysis for the upcoming year, preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate strengths in strategic planning, risk management and/or financial acumen (accounting).
Apply following the instructions below by 4 PM CST on December 1, 2021.
To qualify as a potential nominee, applicants must be APEGS members in good standing, reside in Saskatchewan, and be Continuing Professional Development (CPD) compliant as described in The Engineering and Geoscience Professions Act (Section 9) and The Engineering and Geoscience Professions Administrative Bylaws (Section 12).
APEGS selects nominees using the following process:
- a gap analysis of continuing council members
- prioritization of desired skills to add to council
- solicitation for and recruitment of applicants
- review of applicants’ experience and skills
- interviews of applicants
- consideration of the council composition of attributes and competencies tempered by the concepts of inclusivity and representation
- nomination of successful applicants
For more information, refer to the Role and Responsibilities of an APEGS Councillor, which includes the time commitment required, visit the Frequently Asked Questions section, or contact Gina McGinn, MA, ICD.D gmcginn@Apegs.ca.
How to Apply
Individuals wishing to be nominated for election must complete the Council Application and Self-Evaluation Form and email it, along with a curriculum vitae (CV), to Gina McGinn, MA, ICD.D gmcginn@Apegs.ca by 4 PM CST on December 1, 2021. The form includes a statement of interest in serving on council and a list of skills and competencies, such as listening skills, strategic thinking, government relations and volunteer experience.