- How to Apply (Individuals)
- Geoscientist-in-Training – International Graduate
Geoscientist-in-Training – International Graduate
Below is the application process for geoscientist-in-training applicants with an international bachelor’s degree in geoscience (regardless of whether you have a Canadian master’s degree or PhD), or a Canadian bachelor’s degree in a related science.
- Review the full details of the application process here, then create a user account with APEGS here.
- You will need to check your email for an “APEGS sign up verification” from email@example.com. The link in this email will take you to the APEGS Central homepage.
- Once on this page, go to the “Applications” quick link on the left side of the page, select “Apply Now” and choose the “Geoscientist-in-Training International Graduate” application type. To submit your application online you must pay the application fee by credit card (go to fees to view additional payment options).
- Apply to World Education Services (WES) for an ICAP course-by-course credential assessment and include APEGS as a recipient (Not required for Canadian graduates with a bachelor’s degree in a science related to geoscience).
- If you are unable to obtain a WES assessment, please Contact Us for more information.
- Pay the Academic Assessment fee. An invoice will be posted to your online profile after you have submitted your application.
- You must send the following required documents to APEGS:
- Self-assessment Form as indicated in the Academic Assessment process and submit via the Contact Us page.
- Resume (outlining technical geoscience experience only)
- Official Canadian Transcripts (if you have relevant, Canadian, post-secondary education) Issued directly to APEGS by the institution (this may be in the form of an electronic delivery to firstname.lastname@example.org via an electronic delivery system supported by the institution, such as MyCreds).
Please Note: Transcripts must include degree awarded and date conferred.
If date conferred is not on the transcript, then you must ALSO have the institution provide a letter directly to APEGS indicating that the requirements have been met for conferral.
The letter must contain: Your name, degree awarded (including discipline), and date of conferral. This can be emailed directly to APEGS by the institution to email@example.com.
- Proof of Identification Form (fillable pdf with instructions)
Good Character Requirement
If, during the application process, APEGS discovers that an applicant may not meet the Good Character Guideline then action will be taken.
What Happens Next?
- After APEGS has received all the required documents and fees, you will receive an email from APEGS indicating that your file is “In Progress”.
- The Academic Review Committee will then determine whether you have met the academic requirement for professional licensure and you will be notified of the result by email.
- Once you have been approved and paid your registration fees, you can use the “geoscientist-in-training” title. You will also receive a certificate indicating that you are registered as a geoscientist-in-training with APEGS.
Please Note: You must keep your APEGS profile information up to date, as APEGS will regularly need to contact you by both email and regular mail.