- How to Apply (Individuals)
- Geoscientist-in-Training – International Graduate
Geoscientist-in-Training – International Graduate
If you have a bachelor’s degree in geoscience from outside of Canada or a Canadian degree that is not in geoscience, but is in a related science, you should apply under this category.
- Begin by reviewing the application process found here.
- Next, create a user account with APEGS by clicking here (if you already have an account, you can simply click login).
- You will need to check your email for an “APEGS sign up verification” from email@example.com. The link in the email will take you directly to the APEGS Central homepage.
- Next, go to the “Applications” quick link on the left side of the page, select “Apply Now” and choose Geoscientist-in-Training International Graduate application type.
- Next, complete the information in the “Apply Now” section.
- You will then be prompted to pay the application fee. To submit your application online you must pay the application fee by credit card. Go to fees to view additional payment options.
- Apply to World Education Services (WES) (for international education only). A (WES) ICAP course-by-course credential assessment is required. If you are unable to obtain a WES assessment, please Contact Us for more information.
- Next, complete the self-assessment form as indicated in the Academic Assessment process and email it to APEGS via our Contact Us page.
- You will need to pay the academic assessment fee. An invoice will be posted to your online profile after you have submitted your application.
- Finally, you must send the following required documents to APEGS:
- Proof of Identification (fillable pdf with instructions)
- Your resume
- Official Canadian transcripts if you have relevant, Canadian, post-secondary education
- Must be issued directly to APEGS by the institution
- Confirmation of graduation by providing one of the following,
- Option 1: Confirmation of Graduation form
- Option 2: Official Transcripts from the institution
(Please Note: These transcripts must include date of convocation and degree awarded.)
- Option 3: A letter from the institution if the convocation ceremony has not yet occurred
(Please Note: The letter must contain: Your name, degree awarded, discipline, and date of graduation.)
Good Character Requirement
If, during the application process, APEGS discovers that an applicant may not meet the Good Character Guideline then action will be taken.
What Happens Next?
- After APEGS has received all the required documents and fees, you will receive an email from APEGS indicating that your file is “In Progress”.
- The Academic Review Committee will then determine whether you have met the academic requirement for professional licensure and you will be notified of the result by email.
- Once you have been approved and paid your registration fees, you can use the “geoscientist-in-training” title. You will also receive an electronic image of your seal and a certificate in the mail.
Please Note: You must keep your APEGS profile information up to date, as APEGS will regularly need to contact you by both email and regular mail.