- How to Apply (Individuals)
- Inter-Association Mobility
- Inter-Association Mobility – Engineering/Geoscience Licensee
Inter-Association Mobility – Engineering/Geoscience Licensee
If you are registered as an engineering licensee or geoscience licensee elsewhere in Canada, and are in good standing, then you can apply in this category. Equivalent titles in other jurisdictions include limited member and professional licensee. Professional Technologists from Alberta may also be eligible.
- First, you must create an account in APEGS Central (or Login if you already have one).
- Next, check your email for an “APEGS sign up verification” from email@example.com. The link in this email will take you directly to the APEGS Central homepage.
- From there, select the “Applications” quick link on the left side of the page.
- Next, select “Apply Now” and choose the “Eng/Geo Licensee – Inter-Association Mobility” application type.
- To submit your application online you must pay the application fee by credit card. See fees for additional payment options.
Good Character Requirement
If, during the application process, APEGS discovers that an applicant may not meet the Good Character Guideline then action will be taken.
What Happens Next?
- Once APEGS has received your application, we will contact the applicable regulator to confirm your registration.
- After your application is approved, you will be notified by email with instructions on paying your annual registration fees.
- After you have paid the annual fees, you will receive a certificate in the mail and an electronic image of your Professional Seal by email. If you ordered a physical stamp, it will be delivered within a few months (this may take slightly longer if you are located outside of Canada).
- Once you have paid your annual fees, you are permitted to use the appropriate title (Engineering/Geoscience Licensee).
- Your certificate may take several months to arrive. You do not need your certificate in your possession to start using one of the protected titles.
Please Note: You must keep your APEGS profile information up to date, as APEGS will regularly need to contact you by both email and regular mail.