- This event has passed.
Building Standards and Licensing Branch – Legislative Framework Workshop
October 26, 2022 @ 8:00 am - October 27, 2022 @ 4:30 pm
The intent of this workshop is to provide a detailed review of provincial legislation regarding building standards and the relation to the National Building Code of Canada (NBC) 2015 and National Energy Code of Canada for Buildings (NECB) 2017 within Saskatchewan.
The following topics will be covered, which include working examples for application of:
- Provincial Legislation (The Construction Codes Act, The Building Code Regulations and The Energy Code Regulations)
- Saskatchewan Amendments to the NBC 2015
- NBC 2015, Division C, Part 2 – Administrative Provisions
- Administrative Requirements for Use with The NBC 1985
- Building Bylaws
- Order Writing and the Appeal Process
- Objectives and Functional Statements, and
- Alternative Solutions
This workshop will provide 16 credit hours towards mandatory training hour requirements, upon successful completion of the LFT Exam for building official license renewal or 16 credit hours towards discretionary training upon failure of the LFT Exam. Other participants can claim 16 hours of professional development upon completion not reliant on exam writing.
Who should take this workshop?
- building officials;
- local authorities;
- code consultants; and
- construction industry.
Registrations will be processed on a first-come first-served basis. Please register for this workshop as soon as possible as space is limited.
- October 26, 2022 @ 8:00 am
- October 27, 2022 @ 4:30 pm
106 Circle Drive
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7L 4L6 Canada