- This event has passed.
Mental Health First Aid
January 18 @ 1:00 pm - January 19 @ 4:30 pm
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is a nationally recognized certification course developed by the Mental Health Commission of Canada. The course aims to develop the skills of participants in providing help to a person experiencing a mental health and/or substance use problem or crisis. Just like physical first aid is provided until medical treatment can be obtained, MHFA is given until appropriate support is found or until the crisis is resolved.
January 18-19, 2023 (1pm – 430pm CST both days) *Maximum of 15 seats* MHFA Standard (Virtual) on 2023-01-18 by Carissa Listrom | Mental Health First Aid
- Cost to attend is $275.00/person plus 5% GST and the course capacity is 15 participants.
- To secure a seat, please complete the registration form and return it to Carissa Listrom by email – email@example.com
- You will receive confirmation of your seat by email after Carissa receives your completed registration form. This confirmation email will contain an invoice for registration fees.
- Receipts will be issued by email after payment has been received.
Please check your junk/spam email folders to ensure you receive all communications!
The virtual course is delivered in a blended learning format.
Two weeks prior to the course start date, participants will receive log-in details for the Learning Management System. In the two weeks leading up to the facilitator led virtual classrooms, participants must complete:
- Module One – self directed learning (2hrs)
- Self directed reading of the participant reference guide ~150 pages (3hrs)
Facilitator Led Virtual ZOOM Classrooms:
- Module Two – facilitator led session (3.5hrs) **3.25hrs plus break time** [1-430pm CST (SK Time)]
- Module Three – facilitator led session (3.5hrs) **3.25hrs plus break time**[1-430pm CST (SK Time)]
Technology considerations: Each participant is requited to have a device with audio and video capabilities for the ZOOM virtual classroom sessions.
Closed Course: If your organization is interested in hosting a private MHFA certification course for your staff, please contact me by phone or email for more information.
- January 18 @ 1:00 pm
- January 19 @ 4:30 pm