June 30th, 2022
The RM of Corman Park is seeking a Senior Engineer.
As the most populated rural municipality in the province, Corman Park is experiencing significant growth due our strategic location and the range of lifestyles and business opportunities offered. This provides an exciting opportunity for a motivated, experienced team player to join our team of professionals as Senior Engineer.
As a Senior Engineer for the municipality, you will provide professional engineering expertise, lead municipal infrastructure design and review processes and project manage assigned capital projects. Duties include:
- Provide project management oversight for assigned capital projects including budgeting, cost management, scheduling, scope of work, design, utility coordination and contract administration.
- Oversee the review of municipal engineering and development plans and studies including roadways, water, wastewater, stormwater/drainage, geotechnical and environmental.
- Analyze, interpret and prepare municipal engineering reports, legal/contract tender documents, servicing agreements, and development standards.
- Manage the preparation of tenders, Requests for Proposal and Requests for Quotation documents including the review, evaluation and awarding of submitted proposals/quotations.
- Maintain accountability monitoring of contractor/developer performance, including dispute resolution, site supervision, warranty period and field inspections where required.
- Provide professional support to design, review and proactively recommend solutions to challenges to help keep municipal infrastructure assets sustainable and in good condition. Lead the development and application of municipal engineering practices, standards and policies.
- Assist in the development of the annual capital budget development and forecasting including provision of project estimates.
- Prepare and present reports to committee and Council meetings as required.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Post-secondary degree in civil engineering or equivalent field. Must be a Professional Engineer or Engineering Licensee registered in good standing or eligible to be registered in Saskatchewan.
- 6-8 years of engineering experience in fields such as transportation, road construction, stormwater/drainage, water and wastewater.
- Significant demonstrated experience in municipal engineering design, project management, construction, contract administration and asset management. Project management professional designation preferred.
- Outstanding professionalism along with strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills with demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work within technical and municipal standards, but flexible in approach with strong analytical and problem-solving skills to find creative solutions.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with good attention to detail.
- Proactive approach to tasks, projects and work assignments.
- Positive attitude towards work colleagues and supportive of a fast-paced, team environment.
- Knowledgeable in a wide range of computer applications applicable to engineering, design and project management.
Corman Park offers a competitive salary range, benefits package, pension plan and continued professional development opportunities.
Candidates should demonstrate their knowledge and abilities through their resume and covering letter; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Forward your application in confidence by 4:30 pm, CST on July 22, 2022 to:
Kathy Newton, Human Resources Officer
R.M. of Corman Park No. 344
111 Pinehouse Drive
Saskatoon SK S7K 5W1
Electronically submitted proposals will be deemed to be successfully received when displayed as new email. The R.M. of Corman Park will not be liable for any delay for any reason, including technological delays, spam filters, file size limitations, etc. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to confirm with the person identified above that the file has been received.