Due to COVID-19, the APEGS office is closed and staff is working remotely until further notice. Our response time may be longer than usual. We appreciate your patience, and we apologize for the inconvenience.
Management Staff Changes at APEGS
Bob McDonald, P.Eng., Executive Director and Registrar made several management staff changes further to the reorganization of APEGS’ boards and committees as a result of the Governance Change Project and as a result of Shawna Argue, P.Eng., retiring from her position as Director of Registration. As the implementation of the Governance Change Project proceeds and the new strategic plan is implemented, it is anticipated that there will be additional adjustments to management staff responsibilities.
- Shawna Argue, P.Eng., retired as of May 31, 2021; however, she has agreed to provide some services on a contract basis for several projects. Argue was a career-long volunteer of APEGS, including serving as President in 2010-11, before chasing her “passion” and joining APEGS staff in September 2015. Argue served in a variety of capacities including staff support to the Education Board and Discipline Committee, Director of Registration and providing governance support to APEGS Council.
- Kate MacLachlan, P.Geo., has replaced Argue as Director of Registration effective May 1, 2021. She will provide staff support to the Experience Review Committee in its role of assessing work experience and competencies, replacing Tina Maki and Fergus Earnshaw, who shared that responsibility. MacLachlan joined APEGS staff as Director of Academic Review in September 2010 and had primary responsibility for providing support to the Academic Review Committee in its role of assessing the academic qualifications of applicants.
- Delee Silvius, P.Eng., is Assistant Director of Registration and has assumed responsibility for providing staff support to the Academic Review Committee. She will also provide staff support to the Licensee Admissions Committee and the Professional Practice Exam Committee, as well as review notices of intent for permission to consult and applications for certificates of authorization. Since joining APEGS staff in September 2017, Silvius has provided staff support to the Education Board and its committees and assisted in providing support to the Academic Review Committee.
- Gina McGinn, ICD.D, joined APEGS staff as Corporate Secretary on June 1, 2021. She takes over from Argue in providing staff support to APEGS Council, the [new and real] Governance Board and its committees (the Nominating Committee and the Audit and Risk Management Committee), APEGS Council election process and other governance related activities such as strategic planning.
- Chris Wimmer, P.Eng., joined APEGS staff as Director of Professional Standards in August 2005 and provided primary staff support to the Investigation Committee as well as staff support to the Image & Identity Board. As of June 15, 2021, he will be Director of Professional Standards and Compliance, continuing to provide staff support to the Investigation Committee but taking on the responsibilities for registration compliance (unlicensed practice and misuse of protected titles) and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) compliance, which were previously undertaken by Earnshaw and Argue, respectively.
- Tina Maki, P.Eng., joined APEGS staff as Director of Registration in July 2004, providing staff support to the Academic Review Committee, Experience Review Committee, Professional Practice Exam Committee, and Licensee Admissions Committee to the (old and not very descriptively titled) Governance Board and the Discipline Committee. She provided project management support to two database projects, implementation of the competency-based assessment system for work experience reporting as well as the Governance Change Project. As the Governance Change Project itself winds down, Maki has taken on the role of staff support to the new Professionalism Board (an amalgam of the remaining committees from the former Education Board and Image & Identity Board). She is also providing staff support to the Discipline Committee. Effective June 15, 2021, Maki’s title will change from Director of Special Projects to Deputy Registrar.
- Ferguson Earnshaw, P.Eng., joined APEGS staff in October 2016 as Director of Corporate Practice and Compliance and provided staff support to the Experience Review Committee and reviewed notices of intent for permission to consult and applications for certificates of authorization. As a result of his computer engineering and software engineering background, he gravitated towards supporting APEGS information technology needs, which proved invaluable with the onset of the COVID pandemic. To note his change in responsibilities. Earnshaw’s title has been changed to Director of Information Technology.
- Bob McDonald, P.Eng., joined APEGS as Director of Membership Services in January 1999 and later served as Director of Membership & Legal Services and Deputy Registrar. He was named as Executive Director & Registrar in June 2016. At its meeting on June 2, 2021, McDonald advised Executive Committee that he would be retiring from his position of Executive Director and Registrar in January 2022. Executive Committee and Council will undertake a search process to replace McDonald.
Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan
Regulating the professions. Protecting the public.