APEGS is pleased to offer its members access to free online ethics modules so that they may obtain their annual verifiable ethics training. These modules are not mandatory but are offered as one option to help members earn their ethics credit for the year. For more examples of acceptable ethics activities, please refer to Section 3.3 of the CPD Program Document. Completion of a new module each year fulfills a member’s annual ethics requirement.
Available online ethics modules include:
Module 1 – Professionalism & Ethics
Module 2 – Conflict of Interest
Module 3 – Investigation and Discipline
Module 4 – The Ethics of Continuing Professional Development
STEP 1. Click the above button to access the online ethics modules.
- Once you click on this link, you will be redirected to an external third-party website.
STEP 2. Log in
- If this is your first time on the site, you will need to create a user account. This site is not connected to the APEGS database. This means you will need to create a new username and password specific to this site.
STEP 3. Select the module you wish to view
- Once you have successfully logged into the third- party site, you can select the specific ethics module you wish to view.
- Each module is one hour in length. If needed, you can pause the video and come back later to watch the remaining portion. The system will remember where you left off.
- At the end of the video, a certificate of completion will appear on your dashboard. This is your proof of completion. Members should download this certificate and keep a copy in their personal records for at least three years.
STEP 4. Record your credit in your APEGS online record
- You can re-watch the videos at any time. However, the system will only generate a certificate for the first time the module is completed. Therefore, to claim credit for the current year, you will need to watch a module you haven’t viewed yet.
- After you have completed the module, log into your APEGS Central Account.
- You will need to manually check the “Ethics Training” checkbox on your annual report. It will not be automatically updated for you.
You are not able to bank ethics activities. This means that a new ethics activity must be completed each year to satisfy that year’s ethics requirement. For example – if you did not complete an ethics activity for 2020 but then complete one in 2021, completion of that activity should be recorded under your 2020 record even though you completed it in 2021. This is to ensure you satisfy your 2020 ethics requirement. You must then complete a separate one-hour ethics activity before December 31, 2021 to meet your 2021 ethics requirement.