APEGS Ambassadors Required!
There are a million reasons to volunteer, whether it’s to build new skills to round out your resume, give back to your community, meet new people or earn Continuing Professional Development credits. You might even be “volunteered” by your employer.
egardless of the reason, APEGS has many ambassador opportunities throughout the year for Kindergarten to Grade 12 and university level events.
Share your experience, be a STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) booster and influence others to follow a career in engineering and geoscience.
APEGS participates in high school and school division career fairs and provides funding and ambassadors for university-level events such as design competitions, conferences and community outreach.
These activities advance APEGS’ strategic goal of sustaining the professions. Many of these activities are targeted to APEGS’ goal of “30 by 30” – achieve 30 per cent participation of women in the professions by 2030.
Ambassadors are needed to:
- assist with managing display booths and interacting with students;
- promote engineering and geoscience as a career choice;
- encourage student interest in STEM;
- assist with in-class projects;
- judge design competitions, present awards and provide coaching and networking for university students.
Ambassadors are also encouraged to support STEM enrichment within their children’s classrooms. APEGS has many items for your use.