International Mobility – Australia
This application route applies only to engineers who have been granted the registration status of MIEAust NER or MIEAust CPEng NER by Engineers Australia and whose membership is in good standing. It does not include those granted registration through a third-party mutual recognition agreement (MRA).
- First, you must create an account in APEGS Central (or Login if you already have one).
- Next, check your email for an “APEGS sign up verification” from firstname.lastname@example.org. The link in this email will take you directly to the APEGS Central homepage.
- From there, click on the “Applications” quick link on the left side of the page.
- Next, select “Apply Now” and choose the “Engineer-in-Training – International Graduate” application type. To submit your application online you must pay the application fee by credit card. See fees for additional payment options.
- Contact Us and indicate that you are applying under the Mutual Recognition Agreement with Engineers Australia.
- Next, apply for the World Education Services (WES) ICAP document-by-document credential assessment. If you are not able to obtain a WES assessment, please Contact Us for more information. Alternatively, certified/notarized copies of relevant university transcripts/diplomas can be sent to APEGS by mail. Scanned or faxed copies are not acceptable.
- Submit required documents to APEGS, including:
- Your Proof of Identification
- Your Resume
- APEGS will confirm your Registration with Engineers Australia and notify you by email once you have been approved.
- An invoice for pro-rated annual Registration fees will be posted to your online profile. After you have paid your registration fees, you can use the “engineer-in-training” title.
- You will automatically be granted a credit of 36 months of work experience towards professional membership.
- Next, you must complete a Competency-Based Assessment to demonstrate Canadian Experience Competencies (CECs). You must also pass the Professional Practice Exam on Canadian law, ethics, and professionalism.
- Finally, once you have completed the above requirements, you must submit a Professional Member application.
Good Character Requirement
If, during the application process, APEGS discovers that an applicant may not meet the Good Character Guideline then action will be taken.
What Happens Next?
Once you are approved as a Professional Engineer, an invoice for pro-rated annual Registration fees will be posted in your online profile. After you have paid your registration fees, you can use the “P.Eng” title. You will also receive an electronic image of your Professional Seal and a certificate in the mail.
Please Note: You must keep your APEGS profile information up to date, as APEGS will regularly need to contact you by both email and regular mail.