International Mobility – United States

United States of America

If you hold a Texas Professional Engineer licence, then you may be eligible to register as a Temporary Licensee. If you are licensed elsewhere in the United States, you must first apply as an Engineer-in-Training – International Graduate.

What Happens Next?

  1. You will automatically be granted at least 36 months of work experience credit.
  2. Then you may be required to do a Competency-Based Assessment to demonstrate Canadian Experience Competencies (CECs), to get the remaining 12 months of experience credit.
  3. You must also pass the Professional Practice Exam on Canadian law, ethics, and professionalism.
  4. Once you have completed the above requirements you must submit the Professional Member application.

Once you are approved as a Professional Engineer, an invoice for pro-rated annual Registration fees will be posted in your online profile. After you have paid your registration fees, you can use the “P.Eng” title. You will also receive an electronic image of your Professional Seal and a certificate in the mail.

Please Note: You must keep your APEGS profile information up to date, as APEGS will regularly need to contact you by both email and regular mail.